Creating a new approach to transition for professional and personal change that supports and enables veterans in the modern world.
NEXUS promotes, explores and otherwise helps the new generation of veterans through a blend of regularly convened activities that focus on personal and business growth opportunities.
The core concept is that to grow in whatever direction their (the Veterans) needs are to promote a healthy body, healthy mind and healthy attitude.
This idea, sponsored by the association with Victorian RSL Sub branches recognizes the importance of having some local flavor to veteran support initiatives while drawing on other successful models and examples from the broader ex-service community and current serving members. The point of difference for NEXUS is that it is innovative, encouraging veteran participation in business concepts and social development from a supportive contemporary team environment.
UPDATE CORONAVIRUS (COVID 19)
|NEXUS REGRETS THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT STATE OF EMERGENCY THAT ALL MAJOR SPORTING EVENTS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED FROM THE PROGRAM. BE AWARE THAT THESE ARE LONG TERM SPONSORS AND ONCE SUPPORTERS CAN RETURN TO WATCH, THE TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR VETERANS AND SERVING MEMBERS. REGULAR UPDATES ARE ONGOING FROM TEAM PAGES AND OUR NEWSLETTER.|
What you need to know
From 11:59pm on 13 September stage 4 restrictions will change
- The curfew across metropolitan Melbourne will be eased to 9pm to 5am.
- Restrictions on public gatherings ease – 2 people or a household can meet outdoors for 2 hours maximum.
- If you live alone or are a single parent with all your children under 18 you will be able to have 1 nominated visitor to your home.
- From 11:59pm on 5 August business restrictions apply.
- Services and industries that are able to remain operational will be required to have a COVIDSafe Plan by 7 August.
- From 11:59pm on 5 August, employers that require their staff to attend a work site must issue a worker permit to their employees – this is the employer’s responsibility.
- From 11:59pm on 5 August, stage 3 restrictions apply throughout regional Victoria.
- Stage 4 restrictions are in place across metropolitan Melbourne.
- Use of face coverings is mandatory throughout Victoria.
- The New South Wales border is closed. Victorian residents require a permit to enter New South Wale
Caregiving, for compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment also remains a permitted reason to leave home.
As much as you can, you must stay at home. When you leave home, you must use a face covering, unless you have a lawful reason for not doing so.
Nexus during this covid crisis has listed support and contact numbers for a range of Mental Health agencies both for Veterans and family members.
Click the button below to search for local advocates. (Please note this service is not run by Nexus but is available to be used)