Creating a new approach to transition for professional and personal change that supports and enables veterans in the modern world.
NEXUS promotes, explores and otherwise helps the new generation of veterans through a blend of regularly convened activities that focus on personal and business growth opportunities.
The core concept is that to grow in whatever direction their (the Veterans) needs are to promote a healthy body, healthy mind and healthy attitude.
This idea, sponsored by the association with Victorian RSL Sub branches recognizes the importance of having some local flavor to veteran support initiatives while drawing on other successful models and examples from the broader ex-service community and current serving members. The point of difference for NEXUS is that it is innovative, encouraging veteran participation in business concepts and social development from a supportive contemporary team environment.
UPDATE CORONAVIRUS (COVID 19)
|NEXUS REGRETS THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT STATE OF EMERGENCY THAT ALL MAJOR SPORTING EVENTS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED FROM THE PROGRAM. BE AWARE THAT THESE ARE LONG TERM SPONSORS AND ONCE SUPPORTERS CAN RETURN TO WATCH, THE TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR VETERANS AND SERVING MEMBERS. REGULAR UPDATES ARE ONGOING FROM TEAM PAGES AND OUR NEWSLETTER.|
Restriction in place from Midnight 17 Feb 2021
Here’s what freedoms Victorians can enjoy once again:
- The four reasons to leave home are removed.
- The 5km travel limit is removed.
- People can return to work regardless of public or private sector, but only up to 50 per cent of capacity.
- Retail and hospitality can reopen with the same density limits as last week.
- Religious gatherings and ceremonies can resume with the same density limits as weddings, with no limits on numbers at funerals.
- Weddings can resume with no attendance cap but a density limit of one person per 2sq m for electronic record keeping and 4sq m for manual record keeping.
- Sport and recreation activities can resume, with gym and exercise classes limited to 50 people indoors.
- Pools, spas, saunas and steam rooms can reopen with a density limit of one person for 2sq m, outdoor pools with a density limit of one per 4sq m.
- Entertainment and public events can resume.
- Schools will reopen for onsite learning.
- Real estate inspections and auctions can resume.
- Hairdressing, beauty and personal care services can resume with a density limit of one person per 2sq m for electronic record keeping.
But the Premier revealed some restrictions would be in place:
- Masks required indoors and outdoors where social distancing cannot take place.
- Public gatherings of up to 20 people allowed.
- Five visitors allowed to homes, not 15, until Friday, February 26.
- The limit to visits in hospitals and aged care homes will be one household per day.
Nexus during this covid crisis has listed support and contact numbers for a range of Mental Health agencies both for Veterans and family members.
Support for veterans during covid.
Click the button below to search for local advocates. (Please note this service is not run by Nexus but is available to be used)